Full course description
In Assistive Technology: Theory and foundations for student success, Part 1, participants will:
- be introduced to the field of assistive technology,
- develop a working definition of assistive technology,
- learn about a wide range of assistive technology devices that can benefit individuals across the life span,
- learn about the legal mandates for schools to provide technology devices and services for students with disabilities in educational settings,
- use a case study approach to examine assistive technology options to increase individuals participation in their daily activities, school, employment, and leisure,
- learn about an assistive technology assessment and how it can be used to foster the implementation of assistive technology.